Enkidu rankX | new media artist
Franco-German new media artist Enkidu rankX was born 1972 in Saarbrücken / Germany. After his studies in Belgium he settled down in Berlin in 1996 where he is working and living up to this day. The studied film-director works as an independent artists with activities in a variety of fields such as digital-art, video-art, sound-installation, music and cooperation in dance & theatre. In 2002 he co-founded the art company Einheit_7 e.V. where he regularly teaches defavorized children and teenager.
In his artworks Enkidu rankX deals with issues such as post-privacy, relational miscommunication, the effect of technology on the human condition and the loss of identity that comes with the advent of virtualization an simulation. Alienation is a relevant keyword to understanding his often-times bleak and unsettling work.
In most recent times, Enkidu rankX has exhibited his open-art complex “the code is cold” and is currently finishing his video-art series “DOGS”. His filmography is comprised of more than 50 films and experiments with projections, screenings and installations in Berlin, New York & Amsterdam.
- 2017 WERTE_GEMEINSCHAFT @ Galerie Schwartzsche Villa, Berlin >>
- 2017 RAUSCH @ Das Arty / Schau Fenster, Berlin >>
- 2016 Screening @ Kilroy Metal Ceiling, NYC
- 2013 The code is cold @ Krankenhauskirche im Wuhlgarten >>
- 2012 Apokalypse | Utopie @ Galerie Pankow >>
- 2012 Z W I S C H E N S P I E L @ Galerie Parterre >>
- 2010 “RE.flexion – Real Time Dance Visuals” at the Willhelm Hack Museum Ludwigshafen
- 2009 “And what happens after…” dramaturgy Pottporus Festivals 2009
- 2009 “RE.flexion – Real Time Dance Visuals” Waschhaus / Fabrik Potsdam
- 2009 “La Rate Blache” at the OBA Openbare Bibliothek Amsterdam
- 2009 live visuals at the opening of exhibition “Weimar 1919 – Chancen einer Republik”
- 2008 live visuals at Alcatel convention”NMI2008” in the Berlin-Brandenburg academy of science
- 2005 live visuals for show “Navigating Democracy” with Jean-Paul Bourelly at the Public Theatre NYC / Joe’s Pub
- 2004 live visuals for show “Congo Square” with Jean-Paul Bourelly during the Black Atlantic Festivals at Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin
- 2002 stipend and realisation of the multimedia performance “CONSUME!” at the Simultanhalle Köln
- 1996 diploma at IAD Institut des Arts de Diffusion – Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium as director for Film, TV and radio
press pictures for download:
right click / Rechtsclick / 4 download / speichern unter
(c) Sulamith Sallmann – free for press & media use